There are currently two openings at Chef Henrie Bistro & Café.
JOB OPENINGS REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU.
please scroll down for more information and how to apply.
FRONT OF HOUSE
Chef Henrie Bistro & Cafe has quickly become a prominent restaurant in the area with some clientele arriving all the way from Toronto to enjoy some of Chef Henrie's delicious food. It's a busy restaurant with lots of opportunities. Join our Front of House staff and you'll get to meet interesting & fun people, develop skills and contribute to an amazing dining experience.
Staff Needed: We are looking for experienced part-time Front of House staff for our small bistro/café. We have a liquor license and need staff with Smart Serve certification to work in the front of the restaurant serving customers good brew and food. Must be willing to work on weekends. Training will be provided.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
-Brewing coffee and preparing other beverages ie.tea, latte, cappuccino etc.
-Preparing sandwiches out front
-Serving made-in-house ice cream, cakes, tarts etc.
-Ringing up orders for the kitchen
-Using the POS system
-Filling/emptying the dishwasher
-Occasionally helping in the kitchen
-Assisting with cleaning by clearing tables, wiping the bar down, checking & cleaning public washrooms, sweeping/mopping the floors etc.
-Interacting with customers
Benefits of Working Here:
-Since this is Front of House, your wage is $14/hr plus tips. Tips are divided among Front of House staff ensuring everyone gets their fair share.
-You'll get to sample the Chef's creations before anyone else!
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and CV to Chef Henrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMIS CHEF (2nd Chef)
Chef Henrie Bistro & Café is looking for a Commis Chef to work alongside Chef Henrie. This position will begin as soon as possible. After a probationary period, the successful candidate may take on solo Chef duties on a occasional basis. Wage is dependent on experience.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Has a passion for food and creating delicious dishes for customers
- Knowledgeable of Austrian/European cuisine
- Quick study and observant
- Confident in one's abilities
- Able to receive and follow directions from Head Chef
- Understands and is comfortable with the long hours needed to work in a kitchen
- Able to plan and mitigate any issues that may arise
- Possess a Food Handler Certificate
- Completed Smart Serve Certification
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist with prepping food for meals (produce washing, peeling, chopping, measuring, cooking, baking etc)
- Assist with preparing appetizers, entrées and desserts
- Assist with monitoring kitchen inventory
- Assist with cleaning kitchen and washing pots & pans
- Provide consistent and exceptional customer service
- Maintain acceptable attendance record
- Meet all Health & Safety requirements
How To Apply: Please submit your CV and a cover letter describing why you'd be a good fit for our kitchen to Chef Henrie at email@example.com.